Go Solar in 2017
- Solar is non-polluting. And, when panels are made in Washington or Oregon, delivery from manufacturer to your home causes minimal transportation-related air pollution.
- Solar is long-lasting. Panels and micro-inverters are warrantied for 25 years. At 25 years, the system will produce 80% of the power as when installed. No moving parts to break.
- Solar creates local jobs and local economic benefit. In WA, there are over 2000 solar jobs with installers, electrical suppliers, researchers, utilities, nonprofits, government agencies and so on. Nationwide solar employees number 374,000 and solar is growing 20x faster than the rest of the economy.
- Sunshine is abundant, reliable and powerful.
- More sunshine falls on earth in one hour than the world uses in one year.
Residential Size Solar Systems: You benefit from several savings that make solar a good investment:
- Federal Income Tax Credit of 30% of purchase price.
- No state sales tax.
- Annual Cost Recovery payment through 6-30-2020. (based on kilowatt hours your solar system produces, up to $5000/year)
- Snohomish County PUD Solar Express rebate – based on solar system size. (This program expires June 30, 2017 so your must act swiftly to earn up to $2000!)
- Net Metering.
Commercial Size Solar Systems: If your business owns your facility, then there are even more tax benefits and possible grant opportunities with USDA.
Call JOAN to find out how these incentives add up for YOU.
Fire Mountain Solar is an active participant of: Solar WA (educational nonprofit) and Solar Installers of Washington (professional association). Owners Tim and Alana Nelson live near Big Lake and run this family business from their solar powered office and shop adjacent to their home.
See examples of Fire Mountain Solar’s work at:
- Camano Island Coffee Roasters, Camano Island
- Orchards Nursery, Stanwood
- Rents Due Ranch, Stanwood
- Skagit Valley Food Co-op C-Square, Mount Vernon
- Camano Center, Camano Island