The Stanwood Chamber of Commerce has a long history of working together with the community to make Stanwood one of the finest towns in Western Washington. The Chamber proudly sponsors several community events including the Port Susan Snow Goose & Birding Festival, Soap Box Derby, Farmers Market, Summer Concert Series, National Night Out Against Crime, An Old Fashioned Christmas, and Light Up Your Holidays.
The purpose of these events is to draw people and hopefully customers into our community. The Stanwood Chamber of Commerce is a group of volunteers that collectively work together for the betterment of our community.
Find Us Here
Chamber Business Office
Inside the First National Professional Center
10101 270th St NW #220, Stanwood, WA 98292
Stanwood Visitor Information Center
Inside the Stanwood Remax office
26910 92nd Ave NW #4, Stanwood, WA 98292
Sign-up for our Newsletter:
Stay up to date with business happenings in Stanwood and Camano. Stay in the loop regarding upcoming events and learn about businesses in our community! Click here to sign-up.
Is the mayor of the City of Stanwood.
10220 270th St NW
Stanwood, WA 98292
Board of Directors
|RE/MAX Associate Brokers||26910 92nd Ave NW|
Stanwood, WA 98292
|Madak||8705 271st Street NW, Stanwood, WA 98292||(773) 474 1088||Website|
|The UPS Store||26910 92nd Ave NW C5|
Stanwood, WA 98292
|ReMax Associate Brokers / Holbeck Real Estate||(435) 330-0383||Website|
|Members at Large:|
|Tyler Ferguson||Coastal Community Bank|
5415 Evergreen Way
|Judy Williams||Chicago Title||425 Commercial Street|
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
|Jackie Groves||Dollies 2 Doorknobs||8713 271st St NW|
Stanwood, WA 98292
|Erik Cordenas||Ixtapa Stanwood||9200 271st St NW, Stanwood, WA 98292||(360) 629-522|
|Mary Brederick||Stanwood-Camano YMCA||7213 267th St NW, Stanwood, WA 98292||(360) 629-9622||Website|
|Kathy Sanchez||Northwestern Mutual||10101 270th St NW Ste. 212, Stanwood, WA 98292||(360) 826-2522||Website|
Businesses located within the city limits or conducting business inside the city limits are required to be licensed by the City of Stanwood. City approval is required for initial issuance. All businesses, including those operated out of a home, are required to obtain a license. (Stanwood Municipal Code 5.03.010 – 5.03.090)
The City of Stanwood Business License fee is $50.00 effective January 1, 2014.
How to Apply or Renew your Washington State / Stanwood City Endorsement Business License:
The City of Stanwood participates in a joint business licensing program with the State Department of Revenue (DOR) that streamlines the way current and future business owners can obtain business licenses. The city and state business license application forms have been combined into a single application.
Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Service (BLS) system enables business owners to complete the Master Business License Form and City of Stanwood Business License Addendum, all at one time. You can complete your Master Business License for the State and the City addendum for Stanwood online or download the paperwork and mail it to:
State of Washington Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Phone: (800) 451-7985
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Checks for the Master Business License and Stanwood Business License Addendum MUST be made payable to the “Department of Revenue” or “DOR”.
File a Master Business Application online
Mail the appropriate fee with the completed application linked below.
Business License Fees:
State Department of Revenue $19.00
City of Stanwood $50.00
Vehicles For Hire:
If you are a vehicle for hire please complete a Business License application AND a Vehicle for Hire License application.
Any non-profit organization (church, thrift store, office, etc.) with a location within the city limits holding a current IRS 501 (c) (3) exemption certificate issued by the Internal Revenue Service, must submit a copy of the certificate along with the application form, but will be exempt from the license fees.
Business Licenses are not Transferable
Please notify the State of Washington Business License Service at (800) 451-7985 or go online if one of the following is true for your business:
- Your business location has changed
- You add a location to an existing business license
- If you are a new owner
- If you have sold your business or are moving your business outside the city limits
Business Licenses must be displayed on a wall in your business.
Your local sales tax code is 3101 and must be included in the appropriate place on the State tax return.
- FREE Business listing profile on our website, www.stanwoodchamber.org, which includes unique backend access, super easy functionality & most up to date approach on general awareness of your business.
- Members are entitled to the use of our Bulk Mail Permit which saves you the initial set up fee, plus the annual permit fee and decreases your postage cost.
- Members can place promotional items and special offers in our Welcome Bags which are handed out to newcomers.
- Members receive our bi-weekly electronic newsletter and can use it to promote their business and its events.
- All callers and visitors are referred to Chamber Members FIRST.
- Members receive a Membership Certificate suitable for framing.
- Network with other business people and community leaders at Chamber Events. Monthly meetings are held the third Thursday of each month.
- Members can advertise in special publications, such as maps, brochures and directories.
- Members can participate in Chamber events, serve on a committee or be an event sponsor.
The Stanwood Chamber of Commerce proudly supports the following events which help the Stanwood Business Community prosper: Port Susan Snow Goose & Birding Festival, the Snow Goose Fun Run 5k, The Great Northwest Glass Quest, Man/Woman/Business Person of the Year Awards Luncheon, Stanwood Camano Soap Box Derby, Twin City Idlers Car Show, Stanwood Chamber Golf Classic, An Old Fashioned Christmas in Stanwood, Light Up Your Holidays in Stanwood & More!
To promote a positive business climate in the City of Stanwood by:
- Supporting/Initiating community events and local programs
- Encouraging/Fostering new and existing businesses
- Connecting businesses with the Chamber
- Informing members of available resources to promote and advance their business
- Providing training, education and networking opportunities